Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Planning my Weekend Outfit

Although I try and follow my own advice of only buying lolita items for the right reasons, sometimes I get things completely back-assward. For example, I got this Krad Lanrete OP completely on impulse because … wait for it … I had socks that would match it. I’ll give you a few moments to let that sink in. I’m pretty sure that buying an expensive dress because you have some random $20 socks you want to match is just the sort of “logic” that makes my beloved husband sigh heavily on a regular basis.

 photo kradcoordinate_zpsed0f1de9.jpg

Flawed logic aside, I’m really excited to see how this outfit comes together. I’ll be going to a fancy tea this weekend and it’s just the place to wear something like this. If the weather cooperates I’ll also get to wear my lovely A&tP black capelet. As usual, I’ll be throwing together a last-minute hairpiece made of blue flower clips and black feathers. I still have a few days to make it work!

1 comment:

  1. I beyond love the sleeves on this - and the whole empire waist in this particular color and fabric is making the dress feel sort of Edwardian to me. I am probs mixing up my historical fashion eras.

    ReplyDelete