Thursday, March 27, 2014

"Advanced" Lolita Style

This year, International Lolita Day (the first Saturday of June) falls two days after my 40th birthday. Once again I wonder if this is the year I quit Lolita for good or carry on. Once again, the answer stares me gleefully in the face as I open my closet.

I've decided to start this blog in order to talk about growing older in this very youth-centric Japanese fashion. I plan to natter on about putting together coordinates, talk about skincare, and share a few stories.

My personal style is fairly simple and I want to say right off that i'm not the best Lolita or even the oldest Lolita, but hopefully I have something meaningful and useful to share. Alternately, this could be the trainwreck of the year! So watch this space ;)

For those not in the know, the title of this blog is a play on another blog called "Advanced Style" which documents old ladies with incredible personal style ... if you haven't seen it, give it a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment